Thursday, July 18, 2019

Converting Fractions & Decimals {Task Cards}

As I was going through my math resources gearing up for another year of 4th grade math, I realized I hadn't created a set of task cards for benchmark 4.NF.C.6.  This benchmark is one that my students, for the most part, pick up on pretty easily - as long as they have that number sense foundation.

Keeping that in mind as I created this set, I designed the first 16 cards to be easily pulled to reteach a small group with those students that hadn't mastered the skill yet. Cards 1-8 focus on converting fractions & decimals in tenths and Cards 8-16 focus on hundredths, exclusively.

Cards 17-32 are mixed for your "on level" students. I would mix in a batch of Cards 1-16 to have a set of 32 cards instead of 16.

And the final 8 cards, Cards 33-40, are challenge cards for your higher learners. These cards are all fractions with denominators other than 10 or 100 and require students to change the denominator to 100 and then make the decimal. For example, students have to convert 1/4 into 25/100 and then 0.25.

Converting Fractions & Decimals {Math Task Cards}


No comments:

Post a Comment