Friday, April 27, 2018

Planning Calendar 2018-2019 - Post-It Note Style!

I got a request for next year's Sticky Note Calendar and realized I needed that ready for myself, so it's posted and ready for you to download (for free!).

For those who have never seen my Sticky Note Calendar, I'm one of those people that actually plans out units well in advance (like a 9 weeks at a time, minimum). I use this calendar to make moving things around easy on myself - including moving things from one year to the next.

This year alone, I've dealt with losing 6 days for a gall bladder attack/surgery, losing another 8 days for hurricanes, and then losing 5 days when I needed to cover a co-worker's class due to an emergency right before the state test was slated to be given for his subject. It's my 13th year of teaching....seriously.

This calendar let me move things around when I needed to without me having to stress about keeping all of my essential questions, benchmarks, etc lined up nice and neat on my true lesson plans. I simply shifted things around, added sub lessons, tucked a lesson I couldn't get to this year in a corner to be saved for next year, and kept on going. When chaos settled down, I sat down and wrote up the real plans for my administrators. Since I had moved things around and added things as life was happening, I had an accurate picture of what we did those days.

Classroom Sticky Note Planning Calendar (2018-2019)


No comments:

Post a Comment