Saturday, December 13, 2014

Classroom Elf

Does anyone else have an elf visiting from the North Pole at this time of year? My class was thrilled when they came back from Thanksgiving break & found an elf in our room. Snowflake has been a pretty good little elf, but she has managed to play with some of our math games & manipulatives.

Yesterday, Snowflake climbed into a side pocket of my backpack & went to Disney's Animal Kingdom with us. I hesitated with the idea because I was afraid she'd fall out, but I knew the kids would get a kick out of it. They were excited, all right! But, they were also very concerned about her falling out, so I safety-pinned her to the backpack pocket. (Not an easy feat without touching her!)

While there, I managed to "escape" from my students long enough to purchase a Mouse Ears hat for her. Disney's key chain version of the traditional mouse ears fit an elf perfectly!


Now, I need help. We're coming up on the last five days that Snowflake will be in the classroom and I need some more ideas of mischief she can get into in a fourth grade room. Nothing involving too much prep...time is a luxury I don't have right now. But, I'd like to do something cute for my kiddos.


No comments:

Post a Comment