Saturday, October 11, 2014

Speedy Sally - Another use for task cards!

My last post focused on having students create an answer key or check one for you. This week, I came up with a great idea for my task card sets (that can be done with ANY set of task cards).

Speedy Sally (or Speedy Sam, Too Fast Fred, Rushed Ralph, etc. - name you DON'T have in your room this year!) has already complete the task card set you want students to work on. The problem is, they - like many of our kids - rushed and made many, many mistakes. The kids work to solve each task card and then "check" Sally's work. I had my kids give her a check by problems that were right and a big, 'ole red X by problems that are wrong. Of course, problems that are wrong need to have the correct answer written beside it so she can learn from her mistake. :)

To create this, I grabbed a blank answer sheet, wrote in about half of the problems correctly. Then, I flipped through the task cards and wrote in answers that were close or had common mistakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment